Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/ TCH593661
The School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health (SSEN:MMH) is seeking to establish a pool of motivated Secondary teachers for appointments to fixed term, part time and full time vacancies with the possibility of permanency which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
SSEN:MMH provide quality educational services to students whose physical or mental health presents difficulties in accessing their usual educational program. Staff also facilitate students' entry or return to an educational program that best meets their ongoing needs. The school is based at the Perth Children's Hospital and at various other sites throughout the metropolitan area.
The school is seeking motivated individuals with outstanding classroom teaching skills and a breadth of experience to join their team. Suitable applicants would need broad curriculum knowledge as well as tact, diplomacy, effective negotiation skills and empathy. Applicants are required to demonstrate their capacity to work with colleagues to ensure needs of students are well met.
SSEN:MMH is responsive to diverse needs within a holistic framework of family, students' own schools (both government and non-government), community support systems and the health community. Our teachers work within interdisciplinary teams to support the educational, medical and psychosocial needs of students and serve as a link between Health and Education.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about SSEN:MMH can be found by visiting www.ssenmmh.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
Please contact Gemma Slater, SSEN:MMH Teacher by telephoning 6456 0383 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
For assistance writing your application click here
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.