Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592946
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019 with possible extension twelve (12) and/or permanency
Bluff Point Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a positive and energetic Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their professional and friendly team.
The successful applicant will support and guide Principal and Deputy Principals in finance and resource management. The successful applicant will also promote and develop school values, manage support staff and the operation of the office. The successful applicant will be supportive and work as part of a collaborative team with strong oral and written communication skills.
Bluff Point PS is located in the City of Greater Geraldton, approximately 420 kilometres north of Perth. Bluff Point PS is a Level 5 school that has been successful in achieving Independent Public School status as of 2015. It is part of the Midwest Education Region. Current student enrolment figures are approximately 260 from Kindergarten to Year 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bluff Point Primary School can be found by visiting www.bluffpointprimaryschool.com or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Deirdre Baxter, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bluff Point, by telephoning (08) 9923 1278 or emailing Deirdre.Baxter1@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.