Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH592429
Are you wishing to be part of a team focused on improving student outcomes? Are you someone who is self-reflective and wanting to take on a new challenge? If so, please read on.
Endeavour Primary School and Port Kennedy Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Kindergarten to Year 6 Primary teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
About the Job
As a teacher of Endeavour PS and Port Kennedy PS you will be a committed, professional and collaborative participant that embraces inclusive and supportive practices. Successful applicants will need to be self-reflective and willing to support the current improvement agendas within both schools. Both schools have a strong focus on working collaboratively in a flexible environment with delegated roles and responsibilities. Applicants should state in their application which school(s) they wish to be considered for positions in.
It is highly desirable that suitable applicants:
- Have experience in using evidence-based literacy and numeracy strategies which lead to improved student outcomes;
- Are able to deliver curriculum content in line with whole-school instructional frameworks which are centred on explicit teaching;
- Are able to develop social and emotional regulation skills amongst students;
- Have behaviour management experience that is centred on utilising positive behaviour approaches and working with diverse student behavioural needs;
- Are able to plan and implement differentiated learning strategies that are aligned to explicit learning intentions;
- Are willing to help foster a sense of connection to the school community through building and maintaining positive relationships with students, staff and parents;
- Are able to work as a collaborative team member to support consistent planning, teaching and assessment practices within phase teams, and willing to take on additional responsibilities; and
- Have a commitment to ongoing professional growth and development which is centred on improving student outcomes
About the Schools
Endeavour PS and Port Kennedy PS are both Independent Public Schools which service families in the seaside suburb of Port Kennedy. They are both members of the Warnbro Cell of Schools and are implementing extensive school improvement agendas which focus on improving student outcomes- academic, social and emotional.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Endeavour PS and Port Kennedy PS can be found by visiting Schools Online or www.endeavourschools.wa.edu.au and www.portkennedyps.wa.edu.au
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
Please contact Chris Burgess, Principal- Endeavour PS, by telephoning 9524 5000 or emailing Christopher.Burgess2@education.wa.edu.au
Please contact Phil Springett, Principal- Port Kennedy PS, by telephoning 9593 5055 or emailing Phillip.Springett@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to five (3-5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
For assistance writing your application click here
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.