Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593412
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Kent Street Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and energetic individual to join our team in the role of Education Assistant - Lead.
We are looking for a highly competent and experienced Education Assistant with a passion for working with students with special needs. The priorities and goals of this position are to assist students to reach their full potential through the development of their academic, physical and social skills. The Education Assistant – Lead (EAL) leads, mentors, coaches and models good practice to other Education Assistants. Applicants that are highly experienced in consulting with teachers, parents/ caregivers and school psychologists or relevant professionals to contribute to the design and implementation of behaviour management plans and other documented plans will be highly regarded, as will applicants that are proficient with the Disability Resourcing System and can work closely with the school to submit applications for eligible special needs students.
Kent Street SHS aims to empower students to achieve through innovative teaching and mutual respect. Through our motto of ‘Courage to Achieve', we focus on our values of Respect for learning, Resilience to achieve and Responsibility to our school and community for the ultimate benefit of our students. Kent Street Senior High School is an Independent Public School and we aspire to building on our enviable reputation already evident in our exemplary Approved Specialist Programs of Aviation, Cricket and Fashion & Design, to all other facets of the school. We aim to be a school of choice in a highly competitive environment.
Kent Street SHS is conveniently located just four kilometres south east of the city and the school has forged close ties with Curtin University, other Institutes of further education and industry partners. Established in 1940, Kent Street SHS was the first secondary school to be built on the southern side of the Swan River and has grown into a vibrant multi-cultural school over the years. The Rotary Residential College, located on site, provides an opportunity for country students to attend Kent Street SHS.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kent Street Senior High School can be found by visiting www.kentstreetshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Merilyn Harvey, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9262 0500 or emailing Merilyn.Harvey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.