Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592603
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension (18 months) and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Leeming Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive and customer focused Network Support Officer to join their team.
The role of the Network Administrator is to maintain the school’s Information Technology network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Departmental asset management and security regulatory framework. You will provide advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system and provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school. The Network Administrator will research and identify appropriate Information Technology resources that will support the school in achieving key objectives in the Business Plan, and then provide input that will allow us to implement these system enhancements. An integral aspect of this position is the ability to form strong working relationships with all school stakeholders and the ability to effectively lead the IT team. Outstanding communication skills, along with proven experience in planning and organising themselves and others in a team environment will be highly regarded.
Leeming SHS enjoys a positive reputation, both for the excellent educational opportunities it offers and for its high standards of achievement and behaviour. Utilising a strong BYOD policy, we are at the forefront of integrating technology with explicit teaching and Visible Learning to ensure that students, from wide multicultural backgrounds, are supported to achieve personal excellence in all aspects of the curriculum. Our students are encouraged to interact with each other and with the wider community in a positive, constructive and socially responsible manner and embody our school motto of ‘Harmony and Excellence’.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Skills and experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- Conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming SHS can be found by visiting www.leeming.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Damon Atthowe, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9237 6800 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.