Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE594899
If you’re interested in joining a dynamic, dedicated and friendly team then look no further!
The Staff Recruitment and Employment Services branch are seeking to establish a pool of proactive and enthusiastic Recruitment Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise up until April 2020. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements during this period. There are currently a number of short-term appointments available.
Suitable applicants from previous process DOE575852 need not apply.
The role supports West Australian public school principals and line managers in the Department’s central and regional offices by facilitating the recruitment, selection and appointment of staff by providing online processing and support for all requests to advertise and fill vacancies. To be successful in this role you will be well organised through the skill to remain calm under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. You will be able to work as part of a large team and focus on meeting both individual and team goals while establishing and building positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
You will provide a high level of customer service recommending and supporting recruitment policies and procedures - ensuring compliance is met regarding advertising, selection strategies and appointment using various online recruitment systems.
Recruitment Officers respond to queries from applicants regarding employment opportunities and assist with the application process.
You will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service and verifying application documentation, preparing responses to applications and maintaining effective records and information databases. For further job related information:
Please contact Dalveen Boyle, Recruitment Operations Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9264 8685 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (not to be contacted for job application packages).
Application Instructions Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
All applications are to be submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen then follow the instructions.
Please provide the following documents and references, with your online application:
- A current CV of no more than 3 pages.
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages using the STAR – situation, task, action, result method, to outline your skills and experience in relation to work related requirements 3 and 4 as stated below.
- The contact details of 2 work related referees (one being your current line manager)
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to innovative workplace change initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of policies, awards and legislation related to recruitment and advertising principles and practices.
It is recommended that you have your CV and cover letter completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
Short listed applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining work related requirements assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position as detailed in the attached job description form. The business needs and context of the Staff Recruitment and Employment Services directorate will also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED