Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593071
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Karrinyup Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and dedicated Cleaner to join their school.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, and window cleaning. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. The successful applicant must be able to use a range of cleaning equipment including a backpack vacuum cleaner, a leaf blower, carpet cleaner and polisher.
Karrinyup PS an Independent Public School catering to 520 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. It is located just 15 minutes from the CBD and situated in close proximity to one of the largest suburban shopping centres in Perth, as well as Trigg and Scarborough Beaches.
The school grounds are a feature, with large amounts of well shaded area and well maintained water-wise native Australian garden beds, which all combine to provide a pleasant outlook and recreational space for not only the school community, but the community as a whole. The grounds include multi-purpose hard courts, two ovals and specialised playgrounds that have a focus on 'Nature Play'.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Karrinyup PS please visit www.karrinyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Selley, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9447 5400 or emailing Principal.Karrinyup.PS@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Carol Selley, Principal, or Lyn Hogan, Manager Corporate Service, on (08) 9447 5400 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 August 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED