Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA593713
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Darling Range Sports College (DRSC) is seeking applications from committed and passionate professionals with experience leading teams to undertake the Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – Design and Technology (D&T) role commencing in Term 1, 2020.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the Senior Leadership Team, the HOLA – D&T will continually drive improvement by providing proactive leadership that is collaborative, inspiring and supportive. They will lead by example with high expectations and promote the school’s vision and standards by supporting the implementation of the current and future Business Plans.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing their team of teachers by providing curriculum leadership and working collaboratively to ensure quality teaching is delivered to meet the needs of all students. This may be through coaching, developing an ethos of teacher self-reflection, feedback, data analysis and a review of formative assessment practices.
The HOLA – D&T will possess a thorough understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and Senior Secondary WACE Courses. They will be able to lead an effective team of teachers focused on providing high quality teaching and learning experiences whilst utilising our new and innovative D&T facility with completion due January 2021. Applicants with change management experience and those who are highly collaborative and team oriented will be highly regarded.
DRSC is a specialist Sports College - the first and only sports school in Western Australia. The College’s specialist sports programs are high profile programs with a significant public image. Staff are fully committed to supporting students in their sporting, academic and career ambitions by maintaining the highest standards of teaching and learning.
A major focus of the College is also the implementation of Explicit Instruction across all learning areas. Experience using Explicit Instruction in the classroom is not a prerequisite for this position, but the successful applicant must demonstrate a willingness to incorporate this into their teaching practice.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Further information about Darling Range Sports College can be found by visiting www.darlingrangesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nina Anderson, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 9453 0100 or emailing Nina.Anderson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history;
- A professional learning summary of one (1) page relevant to this position; and
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 4 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.