Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP593186
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Yanchep Beach Primary School (PS) operates with a collaborative methodology to support its student's first approach. A phase structure supported by a distributed leadership model provides the support to Yanchep Beach PS teachers that in-turn helps with the consistently high standards of curriculum delivery and student engagement. School Leaders lead by example, create, contribute and deliver professional learning and lead sub-school structures.
The successful applicant will be school-leadership ready. They will be able to resolve and manage multiple challenges whilst demonstrating they are able to lead the strategic intent of the school and contribute to the successful curriculum directions of Yanchep Beach PS. The preferred applicant will have demonstrated success in developing relational trust and working within a collaborative environment.
Yanchep Beach PS is an Independent Public School located within a new coastal estate 60 kilometres north of Perth. The school opened in January 2014 with 319 students and has grown rapidly to a total enrolment of 787 students in August 2019.
Yanchep Beach PS school's staff are merit-selected and lead by example. They constantly challenge themselves to deliver a differentiated curriculum to appeal to the variety of learners and to support each individual student's journey to becoming a lifelong learner. Our emphasis is on student progress, measuring success by how much each child develops and grows. Our goal as a school is that the overall academic progress made by Yanchep Beach students should exceed the Western Australian average.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Beach Primary School can be found by visiting http://ybps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Matt Jarman, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9561 6080 or emailing Matt.Jarman@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details of two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.