Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SA593586
Are you an inspirational and experienced educational leader, committed to making a positive difference in your school community?
Yule Brook College is seeking to establish a pool of highly motivated, innovative school leaders for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Yule Brook College is a small, caring and supportive learning community that encourages students and staff to achieve their potential through the approach of ‘one student at a time in a community of learners’. Our students become responsible and active members of the community through a strong focus on the principles of the Big Picture design for education, encompassing academic excellence, the development of social skills, emotional wellbeing, respect and values. We are a middle school catering for students in Years 7 to 10; most of our students continue to Years 11 and 12 at Sevenoaks Senior College.
We seek to engage young people in learning by helping them identify and pursue their interests and passions. We want to prepare our young people uncommonly well for life post-school. We start that by engaging students in the community through internships. We aim to be strongly connected with families. We do this each term through learning plan meetings and exhibitions. We have high expectations of each and every student to do the best they can and be the best they can be.
The team leader
The team leader at Yule Brook College will ideally be:
- a passionate educator who loves to be at the forefront of innovation; willing to learn; an entrepreneur.
- a strong Advisory teacher leading the Big Picture education design by example, implementing every aspect of the design, showing the way to others.
- the leader of your team of teachers and students; building a learning community that includes staff, students and families; able to develop a team that trusts, shares, plans and achieves together.
- a key member of our small leadership team; able to collaborate, argue for what is right, commit to decisions and plans, be accountable and pay attention to outcomes.
Yule Brook College sits in the heart of Maddington in the city of Gosnells. Our students come predominantly from the suburbs of Maddington and Kenwick (approximately 80%) with some from further afield, particularly drawn by our Clontarf and Deadly Sista Girlz academies. Our student population comes from a variety of cultural backgrounds, with the largest groups being (approximately) Aboriginal (39%) and Filipino (9%).
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yule Brook College can be found by visiting www.yulebrookcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the school principal to discuss the unique context of our school and the Big Picture education design before submitting your application.
For further job related information:
Please contact Hilary Saunders, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9251 8333 or emailing Hilary.S.Saunders@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.