Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS592957
This is a permanent part-time (0.33FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
Southwell Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and proactive Cleaner to join their team.
As the successful applicant, you will be required to carry out internal and external cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures which include the safe mixing and use of chemicals. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other general cleaning including the accurate mixing of chemicals required for specific tasks. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing of carpets and pressure cleaning of various areas. Suitable applicants will have effective communication skills for reading cleaning product instructions and to help develop and maintain good working relationships with school staff.
You will be reliable and punctual and your main priority will be to create a clean and safe environment for all students and staff on the school grounds.
Southwell PS located in Hamilton Hill is a fun and safe, supportive and friendly place to learn. Our vision is to give every child, every chance, every day.
Being a multicultural school, Southwell PS welcomes everyone with the perspective of 'what can we learn from you?'. All staff have respect for one another and make learning fun. They are dedicated to getting better at everything they do. Staff actively work toward every child making friends and being part of our Southwell family.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Southwell PS please visit www.southwellps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Janine Hart, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9236 9400 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone (08) 9236 9400 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3pm (WST) on Friday, 16 August, 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED