Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE593673
City Beach Residential College is seeking to establish a pool of highly motivated Boarding Supervisors for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
This job opportunity is unique yet challenging. If you are a professional, caring, dedicated and enthusiastic person who can provide care and support to gifted and talented students residing at City Beach Residential College, then we would like to hear from you.
Boarding supervisor’s help students develop into well rounded and responsible members of the residential college community. They support them with their personal development and school learning and help students become involved in college life by organising a range of recreational activities and excursions.
Supervisors are expected to facilitate transport to and from student commitments once required licences have been obtained.
On site accommodation may be available for full-time positions as a reportable fringe benefit, and may also be offered as a rental agreement for part-time positions, pending availability.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching staff with a particular focus on multicultural or Aboriginal experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of young people in a residential setting.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, implement and record activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk through assessment and procedure also to fulfil Occupational Health and Safety standards in a residential setting.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Christopher Chuck, Manager, City Beach Residential College, by telephoning (08) 9285 2672 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees
- Copy of any current qualifications already held that is listed as a required to “obtain and maintain”
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
to obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
to obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
within six months of commencement of employment to obtain and maintain a current:
o First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID001);
o First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
o LR Class Driver’s Licence with F endorsement;
o Aquatic Rescue for Group lll Pool Award*;
o Surf Rescue Certificate*; and
within twelve months of commencement of employment obtain a Certificate IV in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015)
Dependent on operational requirements as determined by College Manager.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED