Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA590764
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Tom Price Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an innovative and energetic instructional leader to fill the position of Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – English and join their team.
As HOLA – English you will provide direction and purpose to staff, build team capacity and cohesion and promote an environment of positive quality learning experiences for all students. You will undertake an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of a positive and caring learning environment across the school. You will possess effective teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management practices and a strong understanding of the English and Humanities curriculum. Ideally, you will also have demonstrated excellence as a teacher in a range of courses including those designed to cater for low literacy and SAER students, through to ATAR English and Drama.
Located in the picturesque Pilbara town of Tom Price and near the Karijini National Park, Tom Price Senior High School provides an extensive Year 7 to Year 12 secondary school education program for students who live in the towns of Tom Price and Paraburdoo and in the Aboriginal Communities of Wakuthuni and Bellary. Since 2012 our school has been an Independent Public School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tom Price Senior High School can be found by visiting www.TomPriceSHS.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Jack, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9143 8100 or emailing Andrew.Jack@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.