Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593776
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
Wattle Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Wattle Grove PS is seeking a hardworking and proactive person to join their friendly cleaning team.
As the suitable applicant, you will be required to carry out internal and external cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures which include the safe mixing and use of chemicals. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other general cleaning including the accurate mixing of chemicals required for specific tasks. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing of carpets and pressure cleaning of various areas. Suitable applicants will have effective communication skills for reading cleaning product instructions and to help develop and maintain good working relationships with school staff.
Situated in the foothills of the Darling Ranges, 14 kilometres east of Perth, Wattle Grove Primary School has a rich history spanning over 100 years. Our children have the unique opportunity to connect with the past whilst embracing a contemporary, modern and innovative learning environment, with state of the art facilities.
Our identity as a school has evolved, yet our community ties are as strong as they have ever been. Children set foot through our school gates and feel happy, safe and connected to their school. As a school, we make the most of every day and value building relationships with children, their parents and family members, as well as our wider school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wattle Grove Primary School please visit www.wattlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Janie Street, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9453 6722 or emailing Janie.Street@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone Janie Street, Manager Corporate Service on (08) 9453 6722, or visit the school reception during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 30am and 3.30pm) to request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED