Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS593077
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Derby District High School (DHS) is seeking a reliable and dedicated Gardener – Handyperson to join their school.
As Gardener – Handyperson you will have a passion for the outdoors and an ability work with team members to create and maintain a safe, enjoyable outdoor environment for staff, students and the community.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will also have the ability to perform minor repairs and maintenance as required, as well as other Gardener – Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Derby DHS is located in Derby which is situated at the southern end of King Sound in the Kimberley region of Western Australian. Derby is 220km east of Broome by road and is 2463km north of Perth. It was the first town settled in the Kimberley. Derby is well supported with a range of government infrastructures. Its location near the King Sound and a number of rivers provides for many boating and fishing recreational activities - but not swimming!
With the school motto 'Diligence, Courage and Strength', and the Stronger Smarter Philosophy that all students can succeed through high expectations relationships and high standards of academic and social achievement through participation and engagement in the school's inclusive, safe and stimulating learning environments. Many of the school's staff have been at the school for some time which creates stability for the school's programs and knowledge of the ongoing needs and interests of the students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Derby District High School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kellie Randall, Manager of Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Derby, by telephoning (08) 9193 3003 or emailing Kellie.Randall@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone Kellie Randall, Manager of Corporate Services on (08) 9193 3003 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.00am and 3.30pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Kellie.Randall@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED