Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592739
This is a permanent part-time (0.88FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Melville Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and reliable Cleaner in Charge to join its friendly team.
The Cleaner in Charge organises and supervises the cleaning staff, opens and locks the school, including setting the security alarm system and maintains cleaners time-book, reports absences and arranges relief staff. The successful applicant liaises with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provides on the job induction training for new cleaning staff. The successful applicant maintains the school environment in accordance with Department procedures and undertakes cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school.
Melville PS is a vibrant independent public primary school situated half way between the Perth CBD and the port city of Fremantle. We are a collaborative school strongly supported by parents and the wider community. We believe in inclusive and holistic teaching and learning ensuring the developmental needs for all our students are met.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Melville Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ann-Marie Mutter, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9330 2255 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED