Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA590063
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January 2020
Are you a dynamic, agile school leader ready to engage in the challenge of establishing a new school?
Hammond Park Secondary College (SC) is a new school opening in 2020 and is seeking a vibrant, innovative school leader who is committed to achieving outstanding educational outcomes for all students. The Head of Instruction will possess exceptional interpersonal skills to lead a team of teachers to develop curriculum and pedagogy in the English learning area and have oversight of additional learning areas in the infancy of the school.
Hammond Park SC will implement a school-wide Instructional and Coaching Framework based on High Impact Teaching Strategies (HITS) and it will be the responsibility of the Head of Instruction to implement this across the learning areas assigned to the position. The Head of Instruction would be responsible for instructional coaching across a range of subject areas.
The college will place the social and emotional needs of the students at the centre of the work we do, and a school-wide Wellbeing Framework based on the PERMA principles will inform our policies and procedures and the Head of Instruction will support the implementation of this and foster an environment with staff that informs and engages new staff in our commitment to creating a mentally healthy workplace.
The Head of Instruction needs to be an agile leader who can adapt to the changing needs and growth of the college as the school grows to its full capacity in 2025. This position requires someone with excellent vision and knowledge in curriculum planning, data analysis, assessment and reporting and can work in collaboration with a dynamic team to forward plan in preparation for senior school pathways to meet the diverse needs of the school population.
Hammond Park SC is as an Independent Public School and is one of eight WA Public Private Partnership schools. The school is built, financed and maintained by project company EduWest. While the partnership is a very different way of delivering education facilities in the State, the students’ education remains the responsibility of the Department of Education, and the Principal, teachers and staff are employed by the Department of Education as they are in all public schools.
Hammond Park SC in Hammond Park will open for the start of the 2020 school year as a local intake secondary school. Initially the school will accommodate up to 200 Year 7 students in 2020 and grow to accommodate a total of 1450 Year 7 to 12 students by 2025.
The college will offer a broad range of programs to meet the diverse needs of all students including academic extension programs, learning support, STEM, sport and the Arts, to ensure the needs of all students are considered. A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, staff, parents and the community will be the enduring platform upon which the school is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hammond Park SC can be found by visiting Schools Online or by visiting our Facebook page.
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanne Willesee, Principal, by telephoning 0401 085 034 or emailing Joanne.Willesee@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1 and 3, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
Please note that should you be short listed for interview there will be a multi-stage interview process including a collaborative group task and an individual process.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED