Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP590656
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2019
Arbor Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and flexible Deputy Principal who will work closely with the senior leadership team.
The successful applicant will support and help drive the key capacity building initiatives at the school - Positive Behaviour Support, Explicit Teaching and Visible Learning, of which mentoring and coaching are key elements You will be required to assist the staff with the roll out of the integration of ICT across the curriculum.
The successful applicant will possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. You will need to apply your professional knowledge and understanding to promote teaching and learning within the school community. In conjunction with the Principal, the Deputy Principal will lead staff in analysing data in order to set strategic direction of the school. You will be required to provide instructional and curriculum leadership to support staff in delivering the Western Australian Curriculum and oversee the delivery of the National Quality Standards in Early Childhood and the school’s early childhood vision.
You will ideally demonstrate the capacity to deliver professional learning in explicit teaching and assessment practices, especially in the areas of literacy and numeracy. Experience in supporting students from diverse cultural backgrounds, Aboriginal students, ICT across the curriculum and John Hattie’s Visible Learning would be an advantage.
Staff at Arbor Grove PS work in teams that develop curriculum and instructional strategies to develop the skills of students. Student learning is also developed by the performing arts, science and physical education programs that offer our students access to specialist knowledge. We have an Aboriginal Islander Education Officer and a focus on cultural awareness due to the significant range of students from different nations.
Our school community works together to achieve a sense of belonging. Our students are respectful, resilient and self-disciplined. They are successful learners who value learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Arbor Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.arborgroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact, Glen Purdy, Principal by telephoning (08) 9297 9300 or emailing Glen.Purdy@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.