Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS594208
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Deanmore Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
Deanmore Primary an Independent Public School, is seeking to employ a well organised, dedicated and committed School Officer. Suitable applicants will possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player you will demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise with staff and students.
Deanmore Primary is a student and community focused school. It is therefore imperative that you be people oriented, communicate well and have a good knowledge of demonstrating high levels of customer service principles.
As the School Officer you will be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative duties, which require a detailed knowledge of word processing and data software packages. It would be highly desirable for applicants to have a good working knowledge of SIS Integris. The school officer undertakes administrative support duties, reception duties and assists with student related activities such as preparing newsletters, correspondence, enrolments and student attendance records.
Deanmore PS is an Independent Public School with a long and proud history of being innovative with high standards and a curriculum that caters for a diversity of cultures, learning styles and parental expectations of schooling. Through the strength of the partnership with our community, our school continues to be a vibrant hub of activity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Deanmore Primary School can be found by visiting www.deanmoreps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9341 1610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED