Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE591481
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Teacher Registration Directorate is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Manager in our Investigation and Compliance branch.
The Manager will lead and direct the investigation of disciplinary matters involving teachers in Western Australia in accordance with the Teacher Registration Act 2012 ensuring compliance with administrative law, the principles of natural justice and ethical decision making.
The successful applicant will develop and maintain a risk-based approach with regulatory investigations to ensure the effective delivery of disciplinary, impairment and misconduct processes. In this role, you will lead, mentor and co-ordinate a multi-disciplined investigation team ensuring that the Board meets its strategic and operational objectives in undertaking effective investigations.
The Teacher Registration Directorate comprises of the Registration and Customer Services Branch, the Investigations and Compliance Branch and the Policy and Quality Assurance Branch. The Directorate is responsible for providing secretariat services to the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia. The Directorate supports the Board’s mission of serving the public interest by ensuring that teachers are registered, and teacher education programmes are accredited in accordance with relevant legislation and in the best interests of children.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Shapes and Manages Strategy
- Achieves Results
- Builds Productive Relationships
- Exemplifies Personal Integrity and Self-awareness
- Communicates and Influences Effectively
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Richard Miles, Director Teacher Registration by telephoning (08) 9223 9106 or emailing Richard.B.Miles@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- possess a relevant qualification(s) in investigations or similar
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED