Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593079
Adam Road Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Gardener – Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2020.
Suitable applicants will have the capacity to work unsupervised with the ability to identify and recognise work that is required to be completed without specific direction. They will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
Suitable applicants will demonstrate experience servicing gardening/horticultural equipment and be able to carry out minor repairs and maintenance. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to provide grounds and maintenance advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services.
Adam Road PS is located in the City of Bunbury and currently caters for 495 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school is highly regarded due to the good behaviour and academic standing of our students. The staff are long serving and committed to the education of all our students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Adam Road Primary School please visit www.adamroad.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Guy Asser, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9796 3000 or emailing Principal.AdamRoad.PS@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED