Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS593653
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Baynton West Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 and 2020 school years. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
As School Officer you will be responsible for completing administrative duties, which require skills using word processing and data software packages. Suitable applicants will provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records, absenteeism reports, staff and relief staff records. Additionally, you will undertake other responsibilities including reception duties, meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
Baynton West is a new suburb of Karratha in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. In the local Aboriginal language, Karratha is said to mean 'Sacred Earth'. The town is situated in the Shire of Roebourne.
Baynton West PS opened as an Independent Public School in 2013 after successful application from the school and community to have the school built earlier than originally scheduled. This community is passionate about the Independent Public School initiative and each staff member has been locally selected as a result.
The local intake area for Baynton West PS includes the established suburb of Baynton, as well as the new suburb of Baynton West and the newly developed Madigan estate. Situated within a new suburb, the school has become a central focal point for the community. Surrounded by the new homes in the area, roads radiate out through the community with the school at the central hub of this 'wheel'. There is a large playground and community oval shared by the shire and the school which adds even more emphasis on the school being central to the community.
The school has a strong vision that encompasses children are the heart of the school; each child and their family is integral to the school community. The motto of 'growth and inspiration' relates to each child being supported to reach their potential, in partnership with the school, their families and the wider community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baynton West PS can be found by visiting www.bwps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Justine Passmore, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Baynton West, by telephoning (08) 9187 6200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.