Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE594369
The Teacher Development Branch are seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
As the Administrative Assistant you will assist managerial staff meet their financial, procurement and human resources responsibilities, including reconciling credit card expenditure, checking certification reports and invoices and monitoring expenditure. In this role you prepare documents using advanced Microsoft products, including brochures, spreadsheets, charts, Outlook, PowerPoint and tables and respond to telephone enquiries, including frontline event management systems support.
The Teaching and Learning Services Directorate is responsible for the delivery of integrated state-wide services for networks, schools and teachers that support the learning and achievement of every student. The services and support delivered through the Teaching and Learning Services Directorate are integrated with the Student Support Services Directorate, and all other functions of the Statewide Services, to support the successful outcomes for all students.
This is achieved through a focus on better integration of services with schools, students, families and external service providers; supporting schools and networks of schools to deliver high quality teaching and learning in every classroom; and creating expanded opportunities for students to develop the academic, personal and social competencies they will need to participate in the future workforce and society
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of event management systems, good word processing skills and proficiency with other components of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and provide customer-focussed services.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Good ability to work independently or in a team environment to meet planned outcomes in a timely manner.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Ann Odgers, Senior Project Officer, by telephoning (08) 9402 6280 or emailing Ann.Odgers@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED