Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS592887
This is a permanent part-time (0.37FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
(3 hours per day Monday to Friday and is an afternoon shift)
Can you make our school sparkle?
Woodlupine Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal and external cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Woodlupine PS is located in Forrestfield and caters for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. Woodlupine PS derives its name from Woodlupine Creek which was named by colonial British settlers in recognition of the heavily treed woods and an abundance of lupin flowers.
The school motto Learning through life is embedded in our approach to learning and teaching and we hold true to a core belief that every child can experience success. Positive values and a good attitude to learning are promoted through our whole school delivery of PATHS, (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies) from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our interpersonal relationships are kept positive and rewarding by whole school use of Restorative Practices. Through engagement with restorative processes we have encouraged a culture based upon trust, mutual respect and regard for the rights and diversity of others in our community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Woodlupine Primary School please visit www.woodlupineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Edie Jennings, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9453 6928 or emailing Edie.Jennings@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Edie.Jennings@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED