Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE589516
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full time position commencing September 2019
The Department of Education has a unique opportunity for a multidiscipline professional to deliver a strategic project, spanning multiple government departments and agencies.
The Department of Education’s relationship with the Department of Finance – Building Management and Works is a core strategic partnership in the delivery of asset management activities to schools.
A future state of a shared vision and commitment to best practice has been identified as being critical to the continued delivery of effective and efficient asset management services, which include both capital projects and maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Director, Business and Customer Services, the position will be working collaboratively with senior leadership across government departments. This will require exceptional; stakeholder management, interpersonal, communication and change management skills. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ‘hands on’ experience with all elements of project management methodology and tools. The ability to work to tight timeframes and manage complex and competing issues is also essential.
Education Business Services is the key provider of professional business services and support for Western Australian public schools, statutory boards and divisions of the Department.
What We Can Offer You
An outstanding opportunity to work with Western Australia’s largest employer with approximately one third of the Government’s workforce spanning 800 worksites across the State. You will play a pivotal leadership role in delivering high risk, high profile projects for the Department.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Job Related Requirements
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following job related requirements:
- substantial knowledge and experience in project management within a facilities development/maintenance environment, including management of human, physical, financial, technological and information resources.
- high-level skills and experience in the provision of asset planning and related management services.
- high-level skills and experience in policy and strategy development and implementation.
- high-level verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with key internal and external stakeholders at a senior level and to build strong relationships.
- high-level conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to develop solutions to complex problems.
- high-level skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. Therefore, it is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply
For further job related information:
Please contact Steve Parry, Director, Capital Works and Maintenance by telephoning (08) 9264 5396 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter of up to two (2) pages, your particular experience within the context of the job related requirements contained in the Job Description Form (JDF);
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to your suitability for this role.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED