Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS593281
Badgingarra Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaner – Working Alone for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2020.
As the suitable applicant you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal to ensure the school maintains a maximum standard of hygiene. In addition, to this, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the sweeping of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties.
As the Cleaner – Working Alone you will have the ability to work independently and use your initiative and attention to detail in order to maintain a clean and safe environment. Computer skills are desirable but not essential.
Badgingarra PS is situated approximately 201km north of Perth and was established in 1965. At Badgingarra the goal is to develop the potential of all students and the pursuit of excellence. To achieve this, the school has built up over a number of years, excellent resources and facilities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Badgingarra Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sarah Franklin or Nicole Peacock, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Badgingarra, by telephoning (08) 9652 9060 or emailing Badgingarra.PS@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 15 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED