Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE591976
This is a permanent part-time (0.85FTE) position commencing ASAP
Geraldton Residential College is seeking to recruit a flexible and enthusiastic individual to the position of Cook.
The Cook will cater for meals at the college and college functions, as required whilst ensuring adequate catering to avoid under catering or excessive catering. The successful applicant will ensure food handling and occupational hygiene practices are in accordance with relevant health and safety guidelines. You will provide a variety of healthy nutritious meals for boarding students in a home away from home environment
As the Cook you will ensure stocks are stored safely (protected from vermin), do not accumulate excessively and are utilised quickly whilst ensuring the kitchen, equipment and facilities are hygienically maintained.
The successful applicant will possess good interpersonal skills and work effectively with other cook/s and kitchen hand/s whilst undertaking mixed functions as required. You will be willing to work as a part of a team to provide high care in a quality boarding facility located close to the city of Geraldton.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Ability to carry out the duties of a cook, for 50 to 110 students, to a high standard, including catering for special dietary requirements.
- Ability to manage and control stock and uphold health and safety standards in relation to food and kitchen hygiene.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to youth.
- Flexibility in response to changing work needs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job-related information:
Please contact Ruth Davis, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9965 6000 or emailing Geraldton.SRC.Manager@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment.
Employees may be required to undertake a practical application of skills before employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED