Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS591350
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you possess excellent communication, ICT and organisational skills?
Cascade Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated individual to join their team as a School Officer. This position is the first point of contact for many guests and visitors to our school. The ability to provide positive customer service and maintain an orderly environment will be critical to your success. We are seeking someone who will be able to positively represent our school and provide a high level of service and support to our community.
The School Officer provides key liaison and helps support co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer focused support services within the school. The School Officer administers the operation of school databases, records and management information systems including; enters student enrolment data, maintains student attendance records, absentee reports and generates routine reports from the school databases.
You must be flexible and be able to help out around the school and library where needed.
Cascade PS is located 100 kilometres North West of Esperance set amongst beautiful Gum and Mallee bushland. The climate throughout the year is mild to moderate and generally comfortable.
Cascade PS first opened at a site southeast of its current locality in 1974. This school was made up of a series of transportable buildings. After efforts by the local community, the government opted to build a new permanent structure to facilitate 100 children. This site was opened on the 17th July 1981. Our enrolments generally fluctuate between 20 and 30 students so we have lots of space for individualised teaching programs.
All students arrive on one of the three school buses from large agricultural operations, namely broad acre crop and sheep farming.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cascade Primary School can be found by visiting http://www.cascade.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Merrill Ridgley, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cascade, by telephoning (08) 9079 2061 or emailing Principal.Cascade.PS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.