Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS589733
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Are you passionate, motivated and calm?
Ellenbrook Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an efficient, enthusiastic and experienced School Officer to our team.
Ellenbrook Primary School, an Independent Public School, opened in 1996 and has a diverse range of students with a wide variety of cultures represented throughout the school community. Ellenbrook PS is in a rapidly growing suburb on the north eastern edge of the Perth metropolitan region. At Ellenbrook PS we strive to ensure that every student is a successful student and that they are given the tools they need for future success. All staff are committed to helping students reach their full potential.
As School Officer you will work collaboratively with the Manager Corporate Services to ensure administrative tasks are completed to a high standard. We are looking for an outgoing friendly School Officer who will be the first point of contact in our front office and will provide a caring approach to all visitors, staff and students. As the School Officer you will be required to be an active listener and be able to have effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The successful applicant will maintain reception and general administration related to the daily operations of the school office. We are seeking someone who will be student focused, efficient and will have initiative and creativity in their role as School Officer.
The School Officer provides information and collects documentation for new enrolments, enters student enrolment data and maintains student attendance records; staff and relief staff records and generates reports from the school databases. It is highly desirable to have experience in the use of HRMIS, SIS (Integris), RM Billing and RM Finance, Faults, MS Office suite of programs. The successful applicant would deliver high level outcomes with minimal supervision and being able to work independently is highly desirable.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Primary School can be found by visiting www.ellenbrookps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Danielle Lloyd, Deputy Principal, by telephoning 92977300 or emailing Danielle.Lloyd@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.