Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS592142
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person with experience in information and communications technology (ICT) and a commitment to building a culture of excellence?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly effective and motivated person to join our foundation team at Alkimos College, as a Network Administrator. This position provides a unique opportunity to build and develop the college’s information technology (IT) network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education regulatory framework.
The role of the Network Administrator will require you to:
- maintain the school network and provide network administration throughout the school
- ensure software licensing and IT copyright obligations and other regulations are protected and any breaches are reported and corrected
- administer risk management and contingency planning systems; including the performance of data security, system backup and disaster recovery
- provide advice on technical issues associated with the network administration
- liaise with the Department IT Support to resolve hardware, software and network related issues
- provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate IT resources
- assist in the customisation and adaptation of existing programs to meet users' requirements, including installing and downloading software
- provide training to administration staff in facilities and applications, including personal tuition and self-help instructions
- liaise with administrative and technical staff to determine needs and network requirements
- check systems to optimise performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
- establish and undertake regular housekeeping procedures, including data backup and distribution and retention of data on various storage devices
- analyse IT problems and develop and implement solutions
- coordinate system updates, including the replacement of outdated software versions
As Network Administrator you will build, develop, research and identify IT resources to enhance and support the requirements of the college community. This will include technical support and training to all users throughout the college. Working collaboratively with the school administrators and leadership team, you will implement ICT processes and procedures that will assist in embedding a culture of trust and ongoing improvement for all our students and staff.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and have a sense of humour! He/she will be required to provide timely, ‘hands-on' support for all staff and students; including support in the classroom for teachers/students with IT support, as needed. Experience in Connect, SEQTA (or similar platforms) is highly desirable.
Alkimos College will open for the start of the 2020 school year as a local intake secondary school. Initially the school will accommodate up to 250 Year 7 students in 2020 and grow to accommodate a total of 2000+ Year 7 to 12 students by 2025.
A strong vision and ethos will be focused on creating and maintaining a school culture of a ‘high performance and high care environment’ for students, staff and the community. With a clear focus on high expectations of the student cohort, the purpose is to ensure that all students are well prepared for their future and have opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to achieve their individual potential. This will be complemented by a strong focus on student engagement and mental health and well-being.
Alkimos College is one of only sixteen schools chosen to have a Specialised Autism Learning Program, with the program already in place at Alkimos Primary School, providing students with a seamless K-12 program, if required. There will also be an academic extension pathway and a whole school approach to Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths (STEM) to provide ‘hands-on’ and ‘minds-on’ lessons for students.
A coaching paradigm will underpin all aspects of self-assessment, planning and review, performance development, classroom observation and feedback and be used with students as part of the well-being program.
A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, staff, parents and the community will be the enduring platform upon which the school is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- skills and experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications
- knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Alkimos College can be found by visiting Schools Online or via Facebook.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Wilkinson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9561 4380 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.