Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS591432
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you have excellent time management and organisational skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Duncraig Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Business Support Officer who is self-motivated, shows initiative and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player. With your keen attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible you will be required to assist the Manager Corporate Services to administer the school’s financial resources, maintain facilities, assets and resources. The successful applicant will also assist the Manager Corporate Services in the supervision and direction of support staff. You will be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high level accuracy and attention to detail when processing the End of Month, End of Financial Year and End of Year rollovers. As part of your everyday functions, you will be expected to support the Manager Corporate Services in the administration of the Corporate Services to the school and community.
You will interact with the School Board, parent groups and members of the wider school community, and be able to negotiate and manage teams of external providers, including tradespeople. In addition, you will be expected to work with Executive members in reporting on the School Business Plan and Annual School Report. Good knowledge of data-bases and systems would be looked upon favourably.
We have recently undergone an extensive building program to cater for increased student numbers, upgraded many existing facilities and also made improvements to the grounds. This has enhanced our learning environment, providing a functional, modern, warm and welcoming space for students and staff alike.
The School is situated in the north-western suburbs on the coastal strip some 18km from Perth and 2km from the ocean. The current student enrolment of approximately 1550 includes students from Year 7 to Year 12 and are a school of high standards where the care and progress of every child is the first priority. Students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and parents are generally very supportive of the school with a very active P and C. All Lower School students are taught by subject specialist teachers and the school is able to offer a wide variety of courses for senior students, who are then able to go on to university, TAFE or employment.
2019 is Duncraig’s tenth year as an Independent Public School. The School Motto of Care, Engage and Excel, and the School Wide Pedagogy of Respect, Achievement, Collaboration, Engagement and Relevance (RACER) are embedded in all aspects of the School’s life.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use relevant software applications.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Duncraig SHS can be found by visiting www.duncraigshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Justine Avenell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6241 5000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 15 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.