Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS589563
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
South Halls Head Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to join their team in the role of Gardener – Handyperson.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
South Halls Head PS opened in 2008. It is situated in Halls Head in the new development of Seascapes. It has ‘state of the art’ facilities with six teaching blocks, a library, undercover area, music room and art room. Computers are used extensively in both classrooms and in dedicated computer labs. All teaching areas are fitted with interactive whiteboards. Our aim is to work closely with our community to provide an outstanding educational experience for students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Halls Head Primary School please visit Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Melanie Buller, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9584 6200 or emailing Melanie.Buller@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED