Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS580613
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Rockingham Senior High School Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and proactive Student Support Coordinator to join our team.
The Student Support Coordinator will be working closely with the Leadership Team to coordinate the Student Support Program. The successful applicant will research, develop and implement systems, intervention strategies and alternative programs that provide a responsive and effective support service for students, family members and staff. They will establish and maintain professional links between the student, the family, school and other appropriate agencies in the community. As well as undertake work assessments on students, including liaising with parents/guardians, students, staff and other stakeholders. Applicants should have experience in coordinating mental health programs with young adolescents with disabilities and have completed the Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention course and Senior First Aid training. The successful applicant will be required to collect data to ensure a valid analysis of the effectiveness of the programs is completed for the annual school review and report.
Rockingham Senior High School ESC is an Independent Public School. We cater for students from Year 7 to Year 13 with intellectual disabilities, autism or physical disabilities in the presence of high educational needs. Our values are respect, collaboration & inclusion. We pride ourselves in being able to provide quality education to all our students in an environment that is welcoming, supportive and challenging. Our programs are designed specifically to meet the individual needs of all students. We share a site with Rockingham SHS and we have adopted a collaborative approach to planning, sharing and delivering innovative experiences for all our students.
Our vision is to deliver educational programs which provide our students with an opportunity to reach their potential. We ensure our curriculum has purpose and relevance to meet the needs of our students. This ensures our students become successful learners, who participate productively in the community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Well developed research, conceptual and analytical skills and experience in identifying problems and developing appropriate intervention strategies and support programs.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students who are experiencing difficulties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Diane Atkinson, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9523 7600 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Possess a Tertiary qualification in the Social or Behavioural Science area;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.