Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE593222
We are looking for suitably experienced professionals to join our team as a School Staffing Consultant through establishing an appointment pool.
As a School Staffing Consultant, you will provide a comprehensive consultancy service to schools in relation to human resources, staffing and redeployment matters. In particular, you will provide support and assistance to schools in managing their one line budget (through the School Resourcing System), establishment and position management. You will monitor, coordinate, analyse and manage the integrity of staffing information for schools.
In addition, you will coordinate the deployment of school employees requiring placement – including teachers and school support staff – and work with them, and their schools to maximise their opportunities for permanent placement. You will do this through tailored case management, which supports the employee through their placement journey.
Suitable applicants will also provide advice and information to the Director Staff Recruitment and Employment Services and the Manager School Staffing Support on staffing and redeployment matters in schools.
We are establishing a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 year, and up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial knowledge of the public sector legislative framework and policies relevant to human resource management and experience in relation to the redeployment of permanent staff requiring placement.
- Highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate professionally, build effective working relationships and networks, and provide an effective consultancy service and influence results.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions which support the organisation’s objectives.
- Organisational skills and ability to plan, prioritise, negotiate and implement strategies to deliver quality outcomes within a given timeframe and in a customer focussed manner.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Liza Boland, Manager, School Staffing Support, by telephoning (08) 9264 4453 or emailing Liza.Boland@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED