Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592511
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus (SC) is seeking a responsible and experienced Marketing and Communications Officer to join their vibrant team.
This is a varied role which includes all elements of marketing. You will be required to work on building the brand and strengthening the key messages of the campus. The target audience for Cyril Jackson SC is complex and as such you will need to be familiar with multiple platforms for advertising to ensure the most effective channel is used. You will be required to develop the best strategies for increasing enrolments, brand awareness, internal communication and our presence in social media.
The Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible to the Principal for the effective and efficient management of marketing and communications throughout the campus community. As a member of staff, the officer is required to plan, enact, monitor and report progress on associated operational targets within the Cyril Jackson SC business plan.
The successful applicant will need to work alongside the executive leadership team that includes the Principal, Deputy Principals, the Marketing Committee, the Curriculum Coordinator and the Manager of Corporate Services. In order to fulfil the role, you will need to fully utilise the potential of this team. The officer will also work with the Cyril Jackson SC Board to promote the campus to the broader community to provide the best outcomes for our students.
A post-secondary qualification in a marketing or communications related discipline would be highly recommended, as well as experience in using Word Press, Publisher and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.). Applicants with experience in working within a school environment will also be regarded favourably. The role will require the successful applicant to work after hours at events such as parent information nights and conducting school tours. TOIL arrangements will be in place as compensation for this out of hours work.
Our Campus offers a wide range of Year 11 and 12 courses with a range of students with ages from 16 years old working towards school graduation to older adults who are here to follow their interests. We host international students through our Intensive English Centre and international fee paying students. Cyril Jackson is a unique school and we pride ourselves on our mature learning environment, we value diversity and individuality, building independent and resilient students as they progress towards their own goals.
Cyril Jackson SC is a great place to work and we look forward to the successful applicant joining a vibrant and successful team. Our vision is to create an innovative learning community which values integrity, inclusivity, academic rigour and lifelong learning within a supportive environment. We foster an adult ethos in which we value the individual qualities of each student promoting independent learning, creativity, personal growth and well-being.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Sound initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Sound computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson SC can be found by visiting www.cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Tamika Byrne, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9413 4700 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of three (3) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.