We are seeking two (2) experienced, energetic and motivated individuals to coordinate the Volunteers onsite at the Western Australian Museum’s Fremantle Sites.
The Western Australian Museum’s vision is to be an excellent and vibrant Museum, valued and used by all Western Australians and admired and visited by the world.
The WA Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable and diverse working environment and providing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and young people. The Museum values the importance of a work environment which is representative of the wider community and which supports a variety of perspectives.
We are seeking to appoint 1 full time and 1 part time (0.6FTE or 45 hours per fortnight) permanent Assistant Volunteer Coordinators and establish a pool for a period of 24 months. Applicants deemed suitable will be placed into this pool where appointments may be considered for similar vacancies for full-time, part-time, casual, fixed term or permanency.
To be considered for this pool, you must also possess the following:
- A current (within 6 months) National Police Clearance Certificate
- A current Working With Children Clearance (WWCC) will be required.
- A current First Aid Qualification
This position is located in historic Fremantle, close to the bustling cafe strip, tourist sights and the modern Maritime Museum.
As the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator you will be required to supervise volunteers onsite at the Western Australian Museum’s Fremantle Sites, including the WA Maritime Museum, Shipwreck Museum, Robert Steele Steam Machinery Exhibition and HMAS Ovens Submarine. The Assistant Volunteer Coordinator will work with volunteers to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and a positive interaction with the public that is consistent with museum standards.
You will also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Conducting inductions, rostering and training the volunteers.
- Ensuring safety and wellbeing of the volunteers are maintained.
- Be available to independently solve operational issues as they arise.
Please refer to the attached JDF for a more comprehensive outline of the duties involved.
How to apply for this position
- Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive CV
- no more than a four (4) A4 page (Word or PDF document) outlining your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work-Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
- For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact a member of the HR Team on (08) 6552 7905 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work-Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact Jason Fair on (08) 6552 7812 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.