Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE588991
This is a permanent full-time position commencing October, 2019
The Education Business Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Principal Consultant - Education Business Services.
The position provides direct support to the Deputy Director General, Education Business Services (DDG EBS). The successful applicant will oversee and prepare a range of ministerial correspondence, briefs, reports and high level documents. Other direct support will include resolving complex matters and providing advice and recommendations to the DDG EBS.
This position provides an opportunity to learn about all facets of the Education Business Services division, and an opportunity to understand the strategic nature of the business.
The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills which enable him/her to collaborate and work with a range of officers including senior executive officers and the Director General. Skills in managing priorities, attention to detail and good writing skills are necessary.
Education Business Services (EBS) is the key provider of professional business services and support for Western Australian public schools, statutory boards and divisions of the Department. These highly valued services are delivered through the areas of finance, information communication and technologies (ICT), and infrastructure. We continually strive to enhance the capability and responsiveness of our staff, systems and processes across the organisation to deliver high quality education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in undertaking senior-level consultations, collaborations and negotiations.
- Highly developed research, conceptual, analytical and risk management skills, including the ability to and provide innovative solutions to complex matters.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including extensive experience in the preparation of correspondence, reports, Ministerials, briefing notes and policy.
- High-level understanding of, and sensitivity to, the strategic requirements and direction of the Government.
- High-level ability to review, interpret and report on relevant information found in briefings, correspondence, policy, guidelines and other information sources.
- High-level planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to implement processes to facilitate monitoring, reporting and the delivery of outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jay Peckitt, A/Deputy Director General, by telephoning (08) 9264 5101 or emailing Jay.Peckitt@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A 2 (two) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1 and 6, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to 5 (five) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for 2 (two) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED