Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE589243
Strategy and Projects is seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for this or similar positions commencing prior to the end of 2020.
This role will require you to support the manager and team to deliver a range of projects including the delivery, support and training for online services in schools. As an Administrative Assistant you will be working closely with the Manager but providing support for a range of projects.
As a suitable applicant you will maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other activities. You will be required to prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes and undertake follow up actions when required. The Administrative Assistant is required to assist with the preparation of the budget, payment of accounts, credit card reconciliation, monitoring expenditure and preparing reports as required along with providing Clerical and administrative support including basic research.
Skills with the Department's systems and processes including procurement and record keeping (Trim) is highly advantageous along with confidence with commonly used computer applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Strategy and Projects branch is a busy environment with varied and interesting work. We are located in a great central location. We are seeking applicants who are outgoing and positive to join our friendly team.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in clerical and general administrative duties.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to use initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Jan Loftus, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9264 4077 or emailing Jan.Loftus@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED