Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP589040
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term (3), 2019 with possible extension (12) twelve months and/or permanency
Can you inspire the next generation to follow their dreams?
East Kimberley College, (formerly Kununurra District High School) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Deputy Principal – Secondary to join their friendly, dynamic and dedicated team.
As the Deputy Principal you will work closely with the Associate Principal and members of the administration team to provide educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging staff, students, parents and community to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
The successful applicant will assist the school to facilitate workforce effectiveness in leading and motivating staff in planning directed at improving outcomes for students and the level of service delivered by the school and you will play a significant role in the daily management of staff and student wellbeing.
The successful applicant will be assisting the Associate Principal and Principal to ensure appropriate information systems are in place to report on compliance and the use of proper accounting procedures. In addition, you will be using information systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting on school performance to inform school planning and decision-making and to ensure accountability for school performance. The successful applicant is expected to lead curriculum and work with other members of the administration team, including Heads of Learning Areas to ensure literacy and numeracy programs cater for students of all levels of ability. The successful applicant will also oversee the Arts and Technologies learning areas and support teachers within this area of the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Matthew Dowell, Associate Principal telephoning (08) 9168 4400 or 0408 290 310 or emailing Matthew.Dowell@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three pages (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED