Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH589419
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Science Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Suitable applicants will have highly developed professional and practical knowledge in Science and have strong teaching and classroom management skills, and be able to develop good relationships with students and engage them in highly effective learning. Suitable applicants will engage in relevant professional learning and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, working as a member of a vibrant and enthusiastic school team.
Ellenbrook SC is immensely proud to be one of only a handful of high schools in the state with an accredited, Department of Education approved, specialist music program for instrumental music and voice. Many of our gifted and talented graduates have subsequently been offered highly competitive places at the WA Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). Our music students have been invited to exhibit at both a national and international level on multiple occasions and often perform at significant events around Perth, such as the ANZAC Day Dawn Service ceremony at Kings Park.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College can be found by visiting www.ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
Please contact Heath Dullard, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing Heath.Dullard@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
For assistance writing your application click here
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.