Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS588871
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension of up to two (2) years and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication and organisational skills?
Cadoux Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative Manager Corporate Services to join their team.
As the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations. You will provide operational input to the development of the financial aspects of the school business and marketing plans and monitor the school’s performance against the plans. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school's business operations is delivered, including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school's strategic and corporate financial objectives.
The successful applicant will also provide effective human resource management of the school support staff including monitoring and management of staff leave entitlements to ensure accrued leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy.
Cadoux Primary School, situated in the Shire of Wongan-Ballidu in the Central Wheatbelt, includes students from the shires of Dowerin and Koorda. They have a strong history, where the school and the community work together to provide a first class education for the students at the school. The uniqueness of individual students is recognised through the provision of a differentiated curriculum, taking into consideration each student's developmental needs and preferred learning style. Through effective teaching and an innovative learning environment, students are given every opportunity to maximise their potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cadoux Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
You are encouraged to contact Helen Hill, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cadoux, by telephoning (08) 9673 1056 or 0429015686 during the vacation period or emailing Principal.Cadoux.PS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.