CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 28 July 2019 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow, Innovate.
For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
We currently have one (1) permanent full time appointment available for immediate filling.
This process may be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout the department. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position, the panel may select another suitable applicant from this selection process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months from approval of the initial recruitment decision.
This role is responsible for providing a strategic consultancy and advisory service to the Department in the area of business improvement and innovation.
We are looking for an innovative individual with highly developed conceptual and analytical skills. Your highly developed workplace communication skills will stand you in good stead for developing relationships within the Department and across the public and private sectors.
This newly developed role offers the right candidate a great opportunity to use their expert skills and knowledge to play a part in DPIRD’s future.
Please refer to the Job Description Form attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
This position is located in Perth.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact Lourdes Tsekos, Principal Consultant on 6552 2012 (during business hours).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current comprehensive CV, including details of two (2) referees; and
- A covering letter/statement that demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Work Related Requirements, as detailed on the Job Description Form and in the context of the job specific details in this advertisement / in no more than two (2) pages: .
- Work Related Requirement 1 Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic business improvements and innovation initiatives in a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Work Related Requirement 3 Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver innovative business improvements which underpin the organisations strategic objectives.
- Work related Requirement 5 Highly developed time management and organisational skills including the ability to effectively manage change.
Please note that, should you be shortlisted, your ability to meet the other work related requirements will be assessed through future stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants are required to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online and this email address will be used for communication with applicants. Further information is available in the attached Applicant Information Kit.
The Department may consider suitable applicants for appointment to similar future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
If you are having trouble downloading the attachments or lodging your application online, please contact (08) 6552 1943 (during business hours) and quote the Reference number.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 11:45pm will not be accepted)
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has a four day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website