Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS588723
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Beacon Primary School (PS) is looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious and dedicated person to join our team. This position would commence Term 3 2019.
As a Cleaner in Charge, you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning and duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
Beacon PS is a rural town, located 320kms from Perth in the North Eastern Wheatbelt. There is no direct access to public transport and limited housing availability, please take this into consideration when applying for the position.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Beacon Primary School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Petrina Poole, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Beacon, by telephoning (08) 9686 1022 or emailing Petrina.Poole@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED