Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS589095
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Lakeland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a hardworking and reliable Gardener - Handyperson to join their dedicated team.
The successful applicant will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. In this role, you will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Lakeland SHS is located in Cockburn and caters for approximately 660 students from Years 7 to 12. The school has won many awards in recent years, and in 2012 was a finalist in the Western Australian Education Awards Secondary School of the Year. A major school goal is to become the school of choice for the majority of youth living in the district. In working towards this goal the school has excelled in many areas, and developed programs that engender success.
Lakeland SHS provides a calm and friendly atmosphere where students are encouraged to succeed and take pride in what they achieve. The school has two very successful Specialist Programs in Music Technology and Touch Football.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Lakeland SHS please visit https://lakelandshs.wa.edu.au/
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Angelique Choo, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9412 3103 or emailing Angelique.Choo@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Angelique.Choo@education.wa.edu.au.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 July 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED