Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS589687
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term (3), 2019
Do you possess excellent communication and organisational skills?
Carnarvon Community College (CC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated individual to join their team as a School Officer. This position is the first point of contact for many guests and visitors to our school. The ability to provide positive customer service and maintain an orderly environment will be critical to your success. We are seeking someone who will be able to positively represent our school and provide a high level of service and support to our community.
The School Officer provides key liaison and helps support co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer focused support services within the school. The School Officer administers the operation of school databases, records and management information systems including; enters student enrolment data, maintains student attendance records, absentee reports and generates routine reports from the school databases.
Carnarvon is a coastal town situated 900 kilometres north of Perth with a population of 4,559. Carnarvon’s industries include fishing, horticulture, mining and tourism. Planning for the new Carnarvon CC commenced in 2009 with impetus from the three school communities to ensure young people and their families had access to high quality education in first class facilities. The College caters for 550 students. We are committed to creating the best possible learning environment for our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnarvon Community College can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Joan Andrews, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Carnarvon, by telephoning (08) 9941 6000 or emailing Joan.Andrews@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment. The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 25 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEPROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.