Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS588219
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Manager Corporate Services. With excellent interpersonal skills, the successful applicant will work well in a team environment and provide consultancy for financial planning and budgeting within the school.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of high level management for the school support staff and the development of effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In collaboration with the Principal and Executive team, you will provide operational input to the development of the school’s workforce and business plans and oversee and report on the school’s financial performance.
The ideal applicant will be an experienced manager who can play an integral role in the school’s leadership team. You should be a strategic thinker with the capacity to provide innovative leadership for the development of business systems and service provision.
Applecross SHS, 8 kilometres south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and continues a reputation for high academic, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. Whilst a large number of our students choose university bound courses, we also provide a range of options for all students with a successful Flexible Learning program and a number of certificate courses, catering specifically for vocational education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- highly developed skills leading, managing, and facilitating a team to deliver strategic business outcomes using sound customer service principles and practices.
- substantial knowledge and experience in financial management and budget preparation and an understanding of the financial regulatory framework, including the Australian Accounting Standards, the Financial Management Act, tax legislatures and other relevant legislation.
- highly developed human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and apply human resource management practices and systems. substantial experience in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic business, marketing and operational plans.
- highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- substantial research, conceptual and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Leech, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing Paul.Leech.SHS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check education.wa.edu.au 4
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on 19, August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.