Please Note: On the 12 July 2019 at 11am the JDF has been updated
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE587207
This is a seven (7) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension of up to twenty-four (24) months
The Department of Education’s Statewide Services Division is seeking an experienced public school principal willing to use their expertise to support their colleagues in schools and strengthen system-level initiatives.
The successful applicant will provide educational leadership to schools and networks to enhance learning outcomes for students, and provide strategic advice on the development and implementation of system-level approaches to improve student engagement and achievement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current trends, initiatives and reforms in education.
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to undertake high-level negotiations, consultations and collaborations.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of complex reports and presenting contentious information to a range of stakeholders.
- Extensive skills and experience in providing effective educational leadership in a diverse range of school educational settings.
- Extensive skills and experience in the development and implementation of professional learning programs, projects or strategies at a school, region or system level.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and strategy formulation skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the division may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Martin Clery, Assistant Executive Director, by telephoning (08) 9402 6102 or emailing Martin.Clery@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page (maximum) statement addressing Work Related Requirements 1, 2, 3 and 4, in context of the role and business needs of the division
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to your suitability for this role
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED