Vacancy Reference No. 920631
WA Health is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our service. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
WA Health supports flexible working practices within the context of a quality health service. WA Health is committed to a smoke free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility to Apply: Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector.
Other Conditions: WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies throughout the health service. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised vacancy, then the next most suitable applicant may also be selected from this process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of six (6) months from when the authorised delegate endorses the recruitment decision.
Position Profile: Workforce and Employment Unit in the Department of Health are seeking a talented and energetic Manager to join their team. Key deliverables include the development of a 10 year Health and Social Care Workforce Strategy and Sustainable Health Review workforce recommendations.
In this role, you would be responsible for managing and leading senior workforce consultants and workforce consultants in the provision of strategic planning, development and delivery of the WA health system-wide workforce and employment policy and ensuring practices are aligned and compliant with the System Manager’s strategic direction.
As the Manager Workforce and Employment you would be responsible for the management and evaluation of workforce and employment policy development and analysis, strategic workforce planning and projects. The Manager is required to consult and engage with stakeholders and take a lead role in the co-ordination of policy and strategy development and implementation.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership in the delivery and management of employment, workforce and/or human resource services at a senior level in a complex organisational environment.
- Have the ability to establish and sustain productive relationships with a diverse range of people to shape and manage strategy and the achievement of objectives.
- Have the ability to think strategically and use analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to provide innovative solutions to complex workforce issues.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of contemporary workforce and employment issues and trends, relevant workforce and employment legislation and, regulatory frameworks.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information go to: http://www.treasury.wa.gov.au/Superannuation/Employees/Overview/
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
For Further Job Related Information: We encourage you to contact Sheralee Tamaliunas on 08 9222 2083.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employment Services on 1300 367 894 (and select Option 2) for immediate assistance during business hours.
Application Instructions: If you are interested in managing and leading a cohesive, collaborate and dynamic team, please apply now by:
- Submitting a no more than 5 page covering letter which outlines your relevant skills and experience for the role as outlined in the position profile; and
- Provide a comprehensive CV which outlines your key achievements and talents
These documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
To apply for this vacancy now, please click here. (or apply online at www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au).
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm will not be accepted.
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.