Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE588874
This is a five (5) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension of up to five (5) months
The Executive and Communication Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Project Officer in the Intranet Transformation Project branch.
The role of the Senior Project Officer will require you to undertake communications and engagement requirements for ITP and applies best practice stakeholder engagement techniques and processes. You will plan, implement and evaluate elements of ITP and provides specialist communications advice and support to allocated business areas.
As the successful applicant you will provide professional learning to allocated business areas on best practice when identifying and mapping services and communicating services content for an online environment along with developing strategies and procedures supporting implementation of intranet reforms and improvement strategies. This role will also require you to liaise with the ITP team and other Department personnel to achieve planned outcomes.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed oral communication and interpersonal skills, including consultation, presentation and facilitation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with proven investigative skills and ability to interpret data and provide innovative thinking in developing and implementing projects.
- Highly developed writing skills with ability to develop instructional and support materials and communicate effectively online.
- Highly developed project management skills and ability to contribute to team processes and outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tyne Purdy, Principal Project Officer by telephoning (08) 9264 5214 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 17 July 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED