This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
John Forrest Secondary College (SC) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Administrative Support Coordinator to join their school.
The successful applicant assists in coordinating the daily operations and provides administrative support, including curriculum support, to the College’s administrative team and maintains a range of curriculum-related databases, ensuring data integrity and generates reports in a timely manner. The Administrative Support Coordinator extracts and generates reports on educational measurement assessments including the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy and Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and undertakes data transfers to internal and external stakeholders, including the School Curriculum and Standards Authority, Reporting to Parents and Interim Reports.
John Forrest SC offers an award winning, vibrant and dynamic learning experience for students. Celebrating fifty years of excellence in education in 2012, the College continues to build opportunity for personal development and academic achievement toward university entry, further education, traineeships, apprenticeships and workplace training. Investment in improved facilities, information technology and resources, together with quality teaching, have fostered a culture of achievement and success with recent acknowledgement of student achievement and quality programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business operations and administrative activities.
- Sound initiative and highly developed organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to work with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Sound data management skills, including data analysis and reporting.
- Well developed computer skills, including the ability to create, operate, manipulate databases, spreadsheets and extract reports.
- Well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with individuals at all levels.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about John Forrest Secondary College can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Karen Kirk, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9473 4000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday 22 July 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.